Friday, January 16, 2009

Navy Officer Brent Zastrow

It's official. The papers are signed and Brent is officially an officer in the United States Navy. After years of contemplation and hard work, it's finally done and there's no turning back now. Basically the Navy is going to pay for us to get through dental school. In return, Brent has aggreed to serve 4 year as a dentist in the navy after graduation and 4 years in the Navy Reserves. We are grateful for this opportunity and look forward to the adventures that await us.

Officer Brent Daniel Zastrow

Getting sworn in

Signing the papers

9 comments:

Marilyn & Steve said...

Good for you guys! It's so great when you finally have a plan you can work on. Good luck, and I hope everything works out nicely for you all.
We sure do love you!
Aunt Marilyn

Nate and Ashley said...

Congratulations!! and Emy looks so cute eating her cereal it is sad they have to grow up so fast.

Janna and Will said...

I'm so happy for you and Brent! Congrats to him, he will do great. I miss you guys and hope maybe sometime I will get the chance to see you all again soon. We love you all and wish you the best.

Gail said...

Congratulations!! You have such a sweet family. We wish you all the best.
Love,
Uncle Dave and Gail

Kelli said...

Congrats! That will be an awesome experience. We miss you in the ward and hope you guys are doing great. Your kids are as cute as ever!

The Cornett Family said...

It's funny, I was just thinking, we got married around the same time, Atlas and Breck are pretty close in age, and Sienna and Emily are pretty much the same age, reaching the same milestones at the same time! Then, our husbands are both in the military to be officers, and going to be going through grad school with the military! Crazy! Let me know when you're pregnant again, then I'll know to check if I am! Congratulations, by the way on swearing in!

Mike D. said...

Congrats! That's really exciting. I'm sure it's a big relief to finally have it all official! We miss having you guys right next door to us!

Gatten Gang said...

It is deffinately a great move. Cassie's husband did the final 2 years with airforce so now are at Whiteman AFB,Mo. With the housing allowance etc it is wonderful for a family. And with the economy, a good way to get your speed up after school, before starting a practice of your own. A good move.
PS Meagan your and your family are beautiful! Sis. Gatten

Jessica Speed said...

That's wonderful! Congrats to Brent and the family! Glad to hear you guys are doing well. You look beautiful!