Monday, April 13, 2009

Flying Solo

Last Saturday Brent left for Rhode Island for his 5 week Officer Development School. I miss him already. The week before he left was a beautiful week and we were able to spend a lot of time outside. Brent found a set of women's golf clubs that were on clearance and got them for me for an early Mother's Day gift since he will not be here on Mother's Day. So last Wednesday he took me out golfing. It was nice to be able to spend some time together before he left, but I realized why I don't really like golfing. I am a ball magnet. I have always had a fear of balls hitting me. I would have panic attacks watching my brothers play little league because I have been hit by about 4 foul balls. Anyway, the couse that we were playing on was really small and the second I saw the course I told Brent that I was going to be hit by a ball. Sure enough, on the second hole I was teeing off and we heard someone yell, "Fore". I looked up and didn't see anything so I looked back down to get ready to swing and thump, I got hit right in the theigh. It didn't really hurt that bad, I just thought it was funny. So the rest of the time, I spent most of my enery watching out for balls than focusing on my swing. It was nice to be able to be with my hubby for a few hours, but I don't think my nerves can handle too much golfing.


1 comments:

Brynne said...

Look at that calf muscle!! Nice!