![]()
I have decided to try to begin "Happy Thought Tuesday", for a few reasons:
First- for my father who always encouraged "Happy Thoughts" in us kids growing up. He would often ask, "Can you fly today?" Because you can't fly without "Happy Thoughts". It was a simple thing but I think that it helped us practice positive thinking which is a very important life tool that I want to teach my children and family.
Second- Sometimes my kids say the cutest things and I want to preserve some of their quotes. I hope to make this a weekly tradition, but time seems to be moving so quickly. I have been planning on doing this for a while so I have to thank Coen for helping remind me tonight about my goal. I went into the boys room tonight and Atlas was up in Coen's bed and they were both playing their leapsters. I got them all back into their own beds and tucked in and
Coen said, "My happy thought for the day was playing with Atlas."
Atlas said, "My happy thought was playing with Coen and you," (you being me, mom).
I went downstairs and asked Brent what his happy thought was and he said, "The cake is finished." The cake being Atlas' birthday cake. Atlas is turning 3 tomorrow. Pictures will be coming soon.
Now what is left is my happy thought. Tonight it is hard for me to pick just one, there are so many happy thoughts popping into my head tonight but I guess the one that keeps coming back is the thought of seeing my little boys cuddled up and playing so good together, I am so glad that they have eachother as friends and buddies. I'm sure that Emy has a happy thought too, but she just can't say it yet. She did say "Cookie peese" a lot today though.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Happy Thought Tuesday
Posted by Meagan Zastrow at 5:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your dad rocks! I love sayings like that. Maybe he won't mind if I steal it too and use it for my family.
Meagan, Just reading your happy thoughts made your blog our happy thought for the day....and talking to Atlas on his birthday~ We love you all so much and we love your new house and loved seeing Kentucky too. Hugs and Kisses! MOM and DAD
Post a Comment