Sunday, April 25, 2010

First Lost Tooth

Coen lost his first tooth last week. I wasn't home, I was at my sewing class so Brent was able to take care of it himself. If any of you know Coen, you know that he hates pain and any spot of blood warrents about an hour breakdown. So losing a tooth was a pretty traumatic experience. His tooth had been loose for a while and Brent noticed that his adult tooth was starting to come in behind his baby tooth so he decided that it was time to come out. Brent said that they wiggled for about an hour as Coen's anxiety rose. They went over Brent's anatomy books and found some UTUBE videos showing Coen what to expect and nothing was really working to ease the anxiety and it was getting late so eventually Brent just pinned him down and popped it out. Quick and easy. After a bowl of ice cream and a visit from the tooth fairy Coen was feeling pretty proud of that lost tooth and I am just grateful that Brent was there and not me.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I think most of us didn't like having teeth pulled! I remember dad would always say, "I'll count to three and then pull" but he ended up only counting to 1 or 2 before pulling! Maybe it was for the best. Well I bet that ice cream and $ made him realize it isn't so bad :)

GiGi said...

Way to go Coen! What a big boy! Next time it will be easier. Love you!