My parents were in town this last week to help my brother and his wife with their new baby. While they were here, my dad and Brent were doing the Lame Duck triathlon. At the last minute, my mom and I decided to put a team together, so I called up a good friend who had a bike and convinced her to join our team. I was very unprepared...I hadn't swam since before Leilah was born so I went to the local YMCA on Thursday for a little practice run. Race day came and I suprised myself with a decent time. My dad and Brent did the whole thing on their own and did great. It was such a fun experience and hopefully not my last triathlon.
I'm not a huge fan of the green swim cap, but you do what you gotta do. I was more worried about drinking any of the water than anything else.
Team "On the Fly Girls"Our little cheerleaders.
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Lame Duck Tri
Posted by Meagan Zastrow at 8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We had so much fun with you guys on this race. Hopefully it's not the last. We miss you and love you all so much!
Way to go! I would be too nervous without tons of training. Your amazing.
Post a Comment