Monday, November 21, 2011

Riding Horses

Since we have lived here in horse country, we have been surrounded by horses. One of my goals was to get out and ride a horse sometime before we leave here. Thanks to Living Social, last weekend that goal was realized. We got a great deal for an hour long trail ride and run at Easy Riders Ranch. I have a bit of a confession though, I am a little terrified of horses... they are big and unpredictable. I don't have a lot of riding experience and am the mother of 4 children which makes me more cautious. So when we got to the ranch and the nice lady in charge told me that she was going to put me on Geranamea because she is feisty and can run a bit faster than the other horses, I was completely put at ease...not! After about 5 minutes of riding around the corral, we were off on the trail where miss feisty was apparently hungary because she kept leaving the trail to eat the twigs and leaves that looked the most tasty. Then we got out to the open area and she said that we were going to run now, all I could picture was the horse taking off and leaving me in the dust, luckily though everything went smoothly (aside from Brent's horse trying to bite mine). As soon as the ride was over and I could look at the little lady from a distance I realized that I had a great time and it was fun doing something new with Brent. We are really grateful for our baby-sitting swap with our friends and the new experiences that we find.























1 comments:

GiGi said...

Awesome Meagan! Glad you had fun and were safe too! Love you guys.