We spent New Year's Eve the traditional way...playing BUNCO. We had a huge houseful of friends and I loved every minute of it. It was great that some of the older kids were able to play with us. It made me not miss my family in Idaho so much being surrounded by so many friends.
I have found myself at this turn of the year not looking back so much as looking forward. 2012 has been a great year with many adventures and blessings as well as some challenges. It has been a good year and I feel like I love our Kentucky home and the friends that we have here even more after this year. Looking forward I feel overwhelmed at times with all the changes that are coming including: potty training my baby, dental school graduation, selling our home, moving, 5th grade, 1st grade, and Kindergarten, entering the full time working world, more family vacation, etc. 2013 has been a year that we have worked for and anticipated for a long time. 2013 means seeing how much we have grown and progressed. There is no hiding from it. All of my children will be potty trained in 2013 meaning there will be no more babies. Brent will finish school. Emily will start school. We will move further away from some of our friends. We will make new friends. We have made all the preparations but sometimes thinking about taking the last step in a 4 year walk feels like stepping off a cliff. I hope our wings are strong enough to help us fly.


1 comments:
Thanks for all the updates. Love all the pictures. 2013 IS going to be a big year for you. We will be there to help you when we can. Great changes, but BIG changes! Love you all so much! MOM and DAD
Post a Comment