Gigi, Popi, and Uncle Tyler came out the week before Spring Break to celebrate Easter, watch our kids and run a half marathon with us. Brent and I have been training for the last 3 months and I am not sure we were fully prepared for this race. The Danielson's watched our kids for us so we could all run together. We got stuck in traffic on the way there and had to wait for 45 min on New Circle. Luckily they delayed the race 15 minutes due to traffic and we made it just in time to start with the last wave. It was a fun but challenging race. There were several big hills and I think that each of us took our turns walking. It was Brent and Tyler's first half marathon and they both did really well. My mom and I were able to cross the finish line together at 2 minutes 10 seconds. It was fun having the kids there cheering us on at the finish. I hope we can all do it again sometime...but on a new course.
The whole gang on Easter
All of the runners in our running shirts.

0 comments:
Post a Comment