So far the first week has gone pretty well. Emily's first week was only half days and she was pretty tired from waking up early. She loved riding the bus. On the bus ride home, she was the only one on, which I think she enjoyed. The last half day, she fell asleep on the bus and slept the whole way home. She got off pretty happy with her long nap. Also, Atlas lost his first top tooth. He thinks it is pretty funny that he now has a little whistle every time he talks. I added a few pictures from fishing this summer too.
I have to share this story about Coen's first week of school, because it helped me have greater faith in prayer. Coen's teacher had a family emergency and was gone the first several weeks of school. In the first week, Coen got in trouble for talking at the end of the day and was told that he would have detention the next day for lunch. He came home and was very upset and woke up the next morning very upset, wanting to change schools, etc. Very reluctantly and not without putting up a big fight, he got on the school bus. I was really worried all day and kept praying that Coen would be able to be comforted and learn form this experience. I really wanted him to have good friends and enjoy his teacher in this new school. Waiting for the bus to drop the kids off after school I was very anxious and just kept praying Coen would be happy. When the bus came he was the first to jump off the bus with a big smile on his face. He came over to me and gave me a big hug. I said, "Coen, I have been thinking about you and praying for you all day! How was detention?" Then Coen said, "I am actually glad that I got detention, all of my friends got in trouble at recess for bullying. I was praying all day too." I said, "You were praying too?" "Yes, I was praying all during detention. There wasn't anything else to do." Then he apologized for getting so angry that morning. I almost started crying. This was a major answer to my prayers and put my heart at ease that this year was going to be alright. I am so glad that my kids know that when there is nothing else, there is always prayer and that it can bring peace, comfort, and answers.
0 comments:
Post a Comment