Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A visit to the Doctor

This little girl makes even going to the doctor seem easy and joyful.   She had to get a few immunizations and she went happily skipping into the Dr. office.  Inside I was a nervous wreck, since I have a slight phobia of needles, but was doing my best to put on a happy face.  We laid her down on the table while she giggled and I rested my head on the table and looked away to keep from fainting.    She barely flinched when they gave her the shots and was just happy to see that she got a cool sticker and sucker.  She left the office the same way that she came in, skipping and smiling.  A week later, she had to go back for a physical and I was a bit nervous to say anything unless she now remembered the pain from the last appointment, but when I told her we were going to the doctor again she said, "Do I get to get shots again?!"   I think we may have a future doc in our midst. 

It is funny looking back and seeing just how much life has changed in not much time.  I can remember a doctor visit probably 3 years ago where Coen had to be pulled out from his hiding place under the table and held down so that he could get his immunizations, but when he went in about a month ago, he hopped right up on the table and talked and smiled at the nurse the whole time.  My kids are courageous and growing up.....

0 comments: