Friday, July 25, 2008

Being Domestic




So, the last few weeks I have been trying to keep myself busy with projects. I made some really simple burp cloths for the baby, and a taggy blanket. It just makes me feel like I am doing something to prepare for the baby. I also got a bunch of aprocots from Erin in our ward. They have a huge aprocot tree and was nice enough to share some of the fruit. The only problem was that there was so much I didn't think we would be able to eat them all before they spoiled. So Erin and I decided to make jam out of them. It was the first time for each of us making cooked jam, and I put the pectin in at the wrong time so it didn't set as firm as it sould be but it should still be good. It always feels good learning new skills and making good use of my time.

5 comments:

Jessica Speed said...

Megan, this is Jessica Speed from the ward. Found your blog from Kelli's. Way to make good use of the time you have! I haven't had the baby yet but look forward to you having yours on Monday (lucky you)!

M said...

WOW! You need to teach me...pretty much everything you know. :) can't wait 'til you have your baby! (and i'm sure you can't either)

Kelli said...

Great job on being domestic! The taggy blanket is so cute! I heard the jam turned out great!

Brynne said...

WOw, you are little miss domestic! I need to learn all these basic skills as well! I've helped with them all, but if I were to try and do them on my own it would be disaster! ;) Good luck with the baby!

Erin said...

Actually, your jam has set up really well! I've even heard it will continue to set for up to a week. The blankets are adorable, you need to teach me how to make them...too bad they're the "wrong" color!! :)