Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yes That is Pink




So Coen and I were out fishing Saturday morning (and actually catching fish) when Meagan called and said that we needed to get home. It was just after 7. We got home and I took Meagan to the hospital around 9. By 10 they decided she was going to stay and have a baby. Meagan's mom changed her sunday flight to saturday and was trying to get here as quickly as possible. Tawni drove from Logan and picked up Sandy at the airport around 3pm. The midwife didn't think they would make it, but time is funny....or Tawni drives really fast. Either way Meagan's mom and sister walked through the door only moments before the pushing began. Better yet, only 15 minutes after pushing everyone in the room (including Meagan) except for me were in near shock to find that it was a baby girl! The room erupted in suprise and Meagan's eyes nearly fell out as her jaw was on its way to the floor. Emily Elisabeth was born at 405pm on 7/26/08 and weighed 7lb measuring 20 inches. Everyone is healthy as can be and coming home first thing Monday morning. Way to go Meagan!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is way to exciting!! Congratulations. I can't believe it's a girl!! She will be soooo spoiled. How fun!!

M said...

yay!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so excited that you have a little girl!!! that's so awesome! And GREAT name by-the-way :)

The Crebs Family said...

Congrats! What a great surprise! Girls are so much fun! Hope things are well with the mommy and daughter! Love you guys!

The Cornett Family said...

Oh my goodness! What a surprise! Congratulations! I hope all is going well, glad to hear that everyone made it in time!!!

Kelli said...

Wow! I was in shock for a minute when I read it was a girl! Congrats! I am so glad you are all doing well, and look forward to seeing her!!

Jessica Speed said...

Congrats!! So glad that you guys have a girl! And so glad that she came all by herself, that's awesome! Can't wait to meet her!

Marilyn & Steve said...

What a great surprise! We were at the hospital visiting Tamar when Uncle Steve got the message from Sandy. He let each of us listen to it without spoiling the surprise and telling us first! Tamar just said "Oh!" When she heard! We all had a fun laugh to celebrate your change of fortune - and the nurses were flabergasted, too! Fun times!
Woo-hoo for you!
Aunt Marilyn

Holly Kolvig said...

Meagan,
Oh my goodness I am so THRILLED for you guys!!! You will love having a daughter, may she be as sweet and so considerate as you. And good job having her early too, I hope to follow your footsteps! Enjoy your pink bundle of joy!
Holly Kolvig

Brittany said...

We are very excited to have another girl in the family. The count is evening out! (well...closer anyway). So, you will need some more girly things I guess? Maybe she'll be like Atlas and love shoes and trucks? With 2 older brothers who knows! We miss you guys and hope that you keep doing well.

Leslie said...

Zastrow Family:
Congratulations!! That's so exciting that you have a little girl! It's funny what life brings us...even when you don't expect it. Have fun!!
-Leslie

Porter Family said...

Congratulations Megan! She is adorable! Love you tons. Girls are great. :)