




So yesterday was December 1st, which for us may as well have been Christmas 100 times over! Like Meagan told me Sunday night, I did not sleep well despite my desperate attempts. Monday morning I got up as usual to get ready for school and took a peak at my email. Thankfully, there was a letter from the University of Kentucky congratulating me on my acceptance into their program. WooooHOOOO!!!!!!! There was another email from the University of Louisville which thanked me for my interest in their school, that they would love to have me, and that I am on their next to be contacted list....acceptance into their program is only weeks away! As usual, I went to school and about 5 minutes before leaving class the University of Michigan called me on my cell phone..."Congratulations" she says, "the Univeristy of Michigan has accepted you into our Dental program!" Seriously????? Two definite accepteds and a third soon to be accepted. I came home around 5pm and seeing that Case Western always mails out everything via snail mail I had hopes of receiving their letter in the mail, but to no avail. Turns out they put the letters in the mail on the 1st. By and large the predicament warrented a phone call to which I discovered they also have placed me on a waiting list. Likely choice as of right now?????
But yesterday wasn't the start of the excitement for me. You see, two weeks ago I got an email and a letter in the mail from the Department of the Navy congratulating me on my contingent selection for a full ride scholarship through dental school. So 14 days before acceptances to school are offered I learned that school would be paid for, I will get paid while in school, and when I graduate I have a job and adventure awaiting me and my family.....can life really get better than this??? Now the contingency on my selection was based upon my being accepted into an accredited dental school...which has fortunately occurred already twice. The Navy is now waiting on a financial statement from one of the schools and then I will receive my commissioning documents and if all goes right the first time, I will be able to be sworn in by the end of this year. Blessings, blessings, and more blessings.
Thank you to all who have helped and supported me and my family through the last two years so that we may reach this pinnacle in our lives. A special thanks to my beautiful wife and all she has done to love and support me through the long haul in hopes of what is now being realized. And of course no thanks is complete without thanking our Father in heaven for the blessings he has poured on us that we may fulfill our dreams in this life. Thank you all!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
And The Winner is......
Posted by Meagan Zastrow at 9:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Brent and Meagan-
Congrats! That is soooo exciting for you! You will be a great dentist and a full ride.....AWESOME! Congtats again!
Crystal
HURRAY!!! I am so happy for you guys looks like everything is working out. Acceptance, FULL ride.... Congrats you guys. Hope we can still keep in touch through blogging and such. I will miss you guys!!
Congratulations you guys!
How fun! Good luck with the adventures to come! Love ya
What wonderful news! Congrats, I'm so happy for your family. We will miss you all, so glad we were able to have you in the ward!
We are so happy for you, although your adventures will take you all far from us. We are happy you will be able to spend a few months with us. Good luck getting packed up!
Love, MOM
Congratulations! We are so happy for you! We love dentists, too!
Congrats guys! How exciting for you all! Kudos to all your hard work, then both of you -- have a blast wherever you go. We will miss you.
Love - Brittany & Mike
Congrats to you and your family. We are very proud of you Brent and wish you the best of luck!
Good things happen when you help paint the neighbor's house, that's what I always say. We'll definitely miss having you guys around!
Congratulations!!! All the waiting is so worth it. You are in for an awesome adventure!
Post a Comment