Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Potty Trained

So, two weeks ago Atlas woke up and took off his diaper. I guess it was bothering him. He came into our bed (this was around 5:30am). I was a bit out of it and just told him to lay down and go to sleep while I tried to get a few more zzz's. I didn't even notice that his diaper was off until 7:00 when I started regaining consciousness and then I was looking all over to see if he had peed anywhere. I couldn't find any pee spots and I noticed that his diaper was also clean so I quickly took Atlas to the potty and he peed in the toilet! So I decided that he was ready to be potty trained. All morning he did really good going in the toilet and now he is completely potty trained!! It is so nice not having to change 2 sets of diapers anymore. I was suprised at how easy it was aswell. As an incentive he was given 2 pennies everytime he went potty in the toielt, he saved one in his penny jar and the other he used to get jelly beans from the gumball machine. It has worked really well and will hopefully serve dual purposes by teaching him to save. We are so proud of our little Atlas.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

What a cute little boy!

M said...

how stinkin' cute! oh, i only dream of the day.

Kelli said...

Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment. He is growing up!