Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome to Kentucky

So after a long journey, we finally have the internet and now I can really start feeling like I am settled here in Kentucky. Sorry that it has taken so long, I feel like I have been so out of the loop, so I will give some updates on our life the last few weeks. Brent started school a few weeks ago and is really enjoying it. He really likes his classmates and professors and is getting into a routine with his school work. Coen started 1st grade last week and has a great teacher and school. Atlas and Emy are having fun finding their new/old toys that are finally out of storage and I have been trying to find a place for everything and learning my way around lexington. We miss our family but have a lot of great friends here in Kentucky. That have already bent over backwards to help us out. So thank you to all. coen and Emy on the slide at the park.
Brent and Emy. Another thing about Kentucky that is taking a little getting used to is the weather. It is humid all the time and it seems like there are thunderstorms every night. We have already had one huge storm where I was hiding in the bathroom with the lights out. My mom keeps thinking that I will get used to the storms but I am not so sure.

Emy got a big girl car seat.
Atlas and Emy on the rocking horse.

1 comments:

Porter Family said...

I thought about you this morning when I saw that the doozie of a storm we got last night hit you this morning. :) Hope you aren't on any meds. Miss your guts!