Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Boxes

We got a new lawn mower and it came with the best thing in the world to keep kids entertained, a big box. The kids didn't waste anytime getting the box into their room to decorate and let their imaginations take flight. All three of them were upstairs for over an hour while I had a peaceful time tidying up the downstairs and catching up on some reading, all the while keeping a watchful ear on the goings on upstairs. I have gotten pretty good at knowing what is going on just by listening for certain noises, or lack thereof and it was a wonderful time. They were all sharing and giggling and helping eachother the whole time. I wasn't too concerned about Emy getting into anything because she was in the box and too small to get out on her own to get into anything. I knew that they were decorating with markers and that she was probably getting them all over herself but I also knew that they were washable markers(a wonderful invention) so I just let them have some freedom. I decided to come in when I heard Coen saying, "Ewe, that's grose Emy." I found Emy covered in marker, as expected. It looked like she had tried to shove the marker up her nose and in her ear and I guess that that was what Coen thought was grose. The box looked great and the kids had fun. I was just happy that they were capable of playing together without any argueing or hurting eachother for an extended period of time.



1 comments:

GiGi said...

Somehow this does not surprise me. Kids love to draw on themselves. Love you all!