Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Man

So, I started watching the new season of The Bachelor this week and I thought to myself that The Bachelor, Jake, has nothing on my man, Brent.... they are both pilots (Brent flying me to St. George on a date)...
...they both drive a motorcycle...
...they both like doing wood work, (the bookshelf that Brent just finished making for the kids books. He has also make me a table.)...
..but there's more. My Brent is also going to dental school and will soon be a dentist...
...and if that isn't enough, Brent is also in the Navy, he cuts hair, he is a great artist, he decorates cakes, he is a great cook, he is a handyman and our family mechanic, he is an interior decorator, he's a great father and husband, and he's handsome if I do say so myself. I feel like a pretty lucky gal to be his wife.Oh, and today is My Man's birthday, so Happy Birthday Babe! I love you and am so grateful for all that you do and the man that you are. On a side note, today is a snow day for Fayette County schools here in Kentucky. We woke up this morning and the roads were bare, there was no snow, school was canceled because there is going to be snow, the forecast is for an inch or two. I just think it is kind of funny because schools aren't canceled in Idaho until there is about 3 feet of snow and there is a threat of the roofs collapsing under the weight of the snow. It is definiatly a different world over here.

4 comments:

GiGi said...

Yes! He is a great guy! Happy Birthday Brent! Hope you had a good day! Love you! Alan and Sandy

Sharla said...

Jeremie just doesn't understand why I watch the Bachelor... so I'm glad you watch it too. I think this will be an interesting season, they have some weirdies picked out for Jake. I don't know what the real ratio to finding love on this show is... but I find it hilarious, I guess I just love the drama.

Gatten Gang said...

Life is GOOD, right? You are blessed! J

Jessica Speed said...

He's quite the man! May I ask how he built the bookshelf?? I would love to make one just like it for our kids books.