Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas 2010

This Christmas was really nice. It was just our little family (which isn't so little anymore). On Christmas Eve we did our traditional, go get fast food and eat it while we drive around the neighborhoods and look at all of the Christmas lights on the houses. Then we came home, got in our PJ's and had a little Christmas devotional where we took the opportunity to reflect on the Savior's birth and life. I love having a newborn during the Christmas season, it makes everything about the birth of our Savior more real. The kids opened their ornaments and hung them on the tree and then they were off to bed. The boys woke up at 1am and Coen sent Atlas into our room to wake us up, he said, "Good morning, it's Christmas....and it's Christmas." We let him know that it was still a little early for Christmas to begin and sent him back to bed. I think they were too excited to go back to bed so they decided to play in their room until 5am when Brent and I decided that they had been patient long enough. I was very impressed with their self control though because they didn't go downstairs even for a peek and they played really good together all morning. We all had fun opening presents and had cereal for breakfast (Santa brought each of the kids their own box of their favorite cereal). After breakfast and cleaning things up we all took a long nap since none of us had gotten much sleep the night before and Brent made ham and funeral potatoes for dinner. It was a really nice day and so magical for the kids. I love Christmas and am especially grateful for the gift of our Savior and the blessings we receive for his life. Coen with his loot

Atlas' treasure

Emy's gifts


Can you find Leilah in there?



0 comments: