Sunday, March 17, 2013

Fresh Air

Since Brent and I have been training for the Bluegrass Half Marathon most of our Saturday's have been reserved for our long distance runs.  We have brought the kids to the YMCA while we run outside rain, snow, or shine.  This last was to be our longest training run and the forecast was looking like thunderstorms on Saturday so we decided to run on Friday afternoon when the temp was 60 degrees with overcast skies and a light breeze perfect running conditions.  After running we took the kids and met up my brother Brad and his family for dinner at Chuy's and movies at their house.  It was a great day and it felt great to have a free Saturday.  When we woke up on Saturday the forecast had been wrong and the weather was beautiful.  Brent took the girls and the dog to the dog park and the boys and I went on a bike ride/run to meet them at the park.  Atlas kept saying how glad he was that he was riding his bike and Coen took the opportunity to test out one of his new inventions, a homemade kite made of string and plastic grocery bags.  After about 5 minutes at the park Emily got cold and wanted to spend some time in the car trying on everyone's sunglasses and pretending to drive away.  Leilah decided to become more adventurous and climb the rock wall with Daddy close by.  I have decided that kids are meant to be outside.  



 Coen giving Dawsyn a bath.

 Atlas was waiting at the top to help.


1 comments:

Sharla said...

I am so jealous of your warm spring air. I went running this morning when it was 25 degrees outside and the cold wind didn't help. I can't wait for it to warm up a bit here cuz I completely agree that kids are meant to be outside. Mason begs everyday to go to the park or on a bike ride.