Friday, March 8, 2013

Sledding

I have been dying to go sledding all winter but we don't have a sled and since I am not a planner whenever I decide that it is time to get a sled all of the stores are all sold out.  So when it snowed on Wednesday I had a feeling that this was going to be our last chance at sledding for the year and possibly a few more (since we got our official orders to go to South Carolina next year and I am pretty sure that the beaches will be incredible, but the sled worthy snow will not).  I started asking around and  thankfully our friends the Danielson's had a sled and were planning on going sledding anyway so we invited ourselves to join them.  We didn't want to come empty handed so we looked around the house to see if there was anything that would fly down a snow covered hill and came up with 2 snow shovels and some tubba ware lids.  We gave it a good effort with our home objects and maybe it was the lack of design or the fact that the hill was more muddy than snowy but it didn't work out so well.  Emily decided that it was fasted to roll down the hill and Coen just kept saying, "This isn't the same as sledding in Idaho," and thought it was more fun to sit in the car.  The Danielson's blow up sled worked much better despite having a hole and I think that everyone had at least one good ride down the hill.





I had to put in this picture of Atlas and his "future wife" as far as he is concerned.

0 comments: