Last Saturday I noticed that Emy was feeling a bit warm so I decided to take her temperature Saturday night. She had a fever of 101 degrees so I called the doctor who told us to bring her in right away. At the doctors office they checked her and said that it was most likely that she just had a little virus, (the boys had been sick with fevers and sore throats the previous week) but that they wanted to do some test just to rules out anything life threatening since she was so young and more likely to have other more serious infections. So they took a spinal tap, and sent us to the hospital where they took some blood samples and hooked her up to an IV. I felt so bad that she had to be pocked so much. They told us that she would have to stay for about 24 to 48 hours until the test resutls came in. In the mean time they were giving her antibiotics just in case she had a bacterial infection. So Emy and I waited in the hospital for any results. WE were supposed to go home on Tuesday but she still had a fever and they wanted more resutls. Then we were supposed to go home on Monday but some type of bacteria started growing in one of the spinal fluid cultures and they wanted to make sure that it was just a contaminate and not something in her system. Finally on thursday they said that we could go home, it turns out she just had a little virus, nothing life threatening. We are grateful for Brent's parents for watching the boys for us and are grateful the Emy is healthy now and detached from all of her cords.
Friday, August 29, 2008
A week in the hospital
Posted by Meagan Zastrow at 12:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh how I can relate. So not fun. I'm glad she is all better and it wasn't anything to serious.
Ohhh how I can relate. So not fun. I'm glad she is all better and it wasn't anything to serious.
It is so hard to sit in the hospital and watch your brand new baby with all those tubes and wires sticking out of her! I am so glad it all turned out well and she's back home with you and fine!
Hey, and 'Go, Coen' on your first day of school! Woo-hoo!
Aunt Marilyn
It's so hard to see Emy this way. The good thing is that she looks like she's gaining lots of weight! Not a skinny little baby any more. I am so sad we won't be down until the end of September! Miss guys!
Not fun when you have to take your newborn baby into the hospital. Payson went in on Mother's day. I think I cried for 48 solid hours. Glad all is well and you're both okay!
poor little girl...i'm so glad she's okay and that it wasn't anything serious. let me know if you need anything :)
What a trooper Emy is! We are glad she is okay and you are back home!
Post a Comment